Zeiss 50mm f/1.5 C Sonnar T* ZM Lens (Silver)
The Zeiss 50mm f/1.5 C Sonnar T* ZM Lens is a fast, bright lens that offers well controlled distortion and produces a very accurate representation of objects. The C in its name stands for Compact, and this lens is not much bigger or heavier than the slower 50mm f/2 lens in this same range. It is a very versatile lens for photo-journalistic work in general and for available light photography in particular.
The Carl Zeiss range of T* ZM-mount lenses offer high standards in terms of performance, reliability and, of course, image quality. You can count on highly advanced flare control for crisp and brilliant images. And virtually zero geometric distortion, ensuring precise accuracy when reproducing shapes, especially useful when photographing products and architecture.
- Compatible with the Ikon rangefinder camera, or with any camera using the Leica M mount
- Improved resistance to flaring
- 1/3 stop interval click stops allows for exact exposure
- Precise 10 bladed aperture creates pleasing unfocused highlights
- This Zeiss lens is optimized for focus at f/2.8 when it is produced at the factory. However, if a customer is interested in using the lens wide open and having it optimized for optimum performance at f/1.5 and if the lens is still under warranty, this service can be provided at no cost.