Canon Powershot SX710 HS
Combining a high-resolution sensor, advanced image processing, and a long-reaching zoom, the black PowerShot SX710 HS Digital Camera from Canon is a versatile point-and-shoot well-suited to everyday shooting. A 20.3MP 1/2.3" High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor combines with the DIGIC 6 image processor to form the Canon HS SYSTEM to achieve notable image clarity and sensitivity to ISO 3200, as well as 6 fps continuous shooting. A 30x optical zoom lens provides a 25-750mm equivalent focal length range, which is further benefitted by Intelligent IS image stabilization to deliver sharp and clear photos and video in a variety of working situations. Complementing the imaging system is built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, with NFC, for remote control from and wireless transferring to mobile devices.
Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported at 60p, 30p, and 24p frame rates, and is easily accessible via a dedicated movie button. Benefitting working with distant moving subjects, Zoom Framing Assist helps to maintain focus and composition when working at longer focal lengths. Hybrid Auto, Story Highlights, Smart AUTO, and Creative Shot modes are all available to refine the look of imagery, and a 3.0" 922k-dot LCD screen is incorporated into the ergonomic design for live view monitoring and image playback. Additionally, the SX710 HS is compatible with the optional Connect Station CS100 for automated wireless backing-up, storing, and sharing imagery.
- 20.3MP CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- The 20.3MP High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor produces high-resolution imagery that, when paired with the DIGIC 6 image processor, exhibits notable clarity and sensitivity to ISO 3200, as well as a top continuous shooting rate of 6 fps. The sensor and processor work together to create Canon's HS SYSTEM, which is able to produce clear, rich imagery in dimly-lit situations with minimal noise and vivid detail.
Beyond still image recording, the SX710 HS is also capable of recording full HD 1080p video at 60, 30, and 24 fps rates. Dynamic IS 5-axis image stabilization benefits video recording by compensating for strong movement, such as when running alongside your subject or when walking backward.
- 30x Optical Zoom Lens
- Covering wide-angle to super telephoto perspectives, the 30x optical zoom lens provides a 25-750mm equivalent focal length range to suit working in nearly any situation. Intelligent IS image stabilization benefits this extensive reach, as well as when working in difficult lighting conditions, by compensating for camera shake for sharper, clearer imagery. Eight distinct stabilization modes are available to best suit different types of shooting:
- Normal IS corrects for a wide range of common camera movements.
- Panning IS detects deliberate panning movements and does not compensate for lateral movements to permit desired camera movements.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS corrects for shift-type camera shake that commonly occurs when working with close-up subject matter.
- Tripod is a dedicated setting that automatically deactivates IS when the use of a tripod is detected since camera-based stabilization is not needed.
- Dynamic IS is well-suited to recording at wide-angle focal lengths and reduces unwanted shaking that typically occurs when walking while recording.
- Powered IS compensates for hand movements that become more visually discernable when working at the telephoto end of the zoom range.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS minimizes the appearance of shake when walking as well as compensates for shift-type shake that occurs when working with close-up subject matter.
- Active Tripod IS minimizes the slight amount of shake that can happen when recording video while using a tripod.
- Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC and CS100 Compatibility
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables seamless and instant transferring of photos and videos to mobile devices, home computers, and to select social networking sites. Linking Android devices to the camera is aided through the incorporation of NFC (Near Field Communication), which facilitates connection simply by tapping the two devices together. Additionally, linked mobile devices can also be used to remotely control and release the camera's shutter and display a live view image on the linked device's screen when using the Canon CameraConnect app.
Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity further provide compatibility with the optional Connect Station CS100 for automated wireless transferring and sharing of files.
- Other Camera Features
- A 3.0" 922k-dot LCD monitor is available for live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation.
- High Speed AF utilizes updated algorithms and technologies to benefit subject tracking and overall focusing accuracy and speed.
- MF Peaking is available for a more comparative and accurate style of manually focusing.
- The Zoom Framing Assist feature helps to maintain consistent compositions and framing accuracy, as well as sharp focus, when working with distant subjects by automatically zooming in or out.
- Short Clip Movie can be used to quickly record brief 4-6 second videos, which can then be altered during playback through the addition of fast motion, slow motion, normal speed, and replay effects.
- Creative Shot modes help to transform your original imagery into creative and unique works using a system of 46 in-camera filters, which are grouped within Retro, Monochrome, Special, and Natural categories Once the original image has been taken, the camera will automatically produce five additional variations using this series of filters.
- Hybrid Auto will record short video clips prior to recording a still image, and then automatically compile them into one file to produce a highlight reel of a shooting session.
- Story Highlights automatically selects and compiles photos into a highlight reel, which can be accompanied by included music options for a producing a finished slideshow presentation in-camera. Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper camera settings based on recognized shooting situations.