Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro Photo Lens
FULL FRAME LENSES
A specialty lens designed for extreme close-up imaging, the MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro Photo from Canon lets you render subjects at up to five-times life-size magnification with a minimum focusing distance of 9.4". Dedicated solely to macro applications, this lens's unique design employs a floating elements system to maintain quality throughout the focusing range and one ultra-low dispersion element helps to control color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color accuracy. A Super Spectra coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast. This 65mm f/2.8 is strictly manual focus operation only and features a removable rotating tripod collar for improved stability when working atop a tripod. Additionally, the front of the lens is designed to accept an optional Macro Ring Lite or Macro Twin Lite for greater, more even illumination of close-up subjects.
- Short telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 104mm equivalent focal length.
- Specifically designed for macro photography, this lens has a 9.4" minimum focusing distance along with a 1:1 to 5:1 magnification range for life-size or greater rendering. This lens does not offer infinity focus.
- Manual focus operation for precise control over focusing distance when working with close-up subjects.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range.
- One ultra-low dispersion (UD) element greatly reduces chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Six-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality when using shallow depth of field.
- Removable rotating tripod collar is included and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Front ring of the lens supports direct mounting of an optional Macro Twin Lite or Macro Ring Lite and the lens has electric contacts for full-support of the E-TTL II flash system and for relaying accurate focus distance information.
Canon 65mm F/2.8 Specs
|Tripod Collar||Yes Removable - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Front: 58 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.19 x 3.86" (81 x 98 mm)|
|Weight||1.56 lb (710 g)|