Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
Compact, versatile, and well-suited for both stills and movies, the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM from Canon is a 28.8-88mm equivalent zoom for APS-C-format DSLRs. One aspherical element is featured in the optical design to limit distortion and spherical aberrations in order to realize a high degree of sharpness and clarity. A Super Spectra coating has also been applied to reduce lens flare and increase contrast and color fidelity when working in bright lighting conditions. Benefitting both photo and video applications, an STM stepping AF motor is used to realize quick and near-silent autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. Additionally, a four-stop-effective Image Stabilizer system is also featured and minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
The product comes supplied in a plain white box, instead of the manufacturer's packaging. It includes all the manufacturer's accessories.
- Compact standard zoom is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-S-mount DSLRs, and offers a 28.8-88mm equivalent focal length range.
- One aspherical element is used to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to maintain sharpness and clarity.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- An STM stepping AF motor realizes smooth, near-silent autofocus that is complemented by advanced AF algorithms and a high-speed CPU for fast AF performance. Additionally, full-time manual focus override is also available.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
|Filter Thread||Front: 58 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.72 x 2.96" (69 x 75.2 mm)|
|Weight||7.23 oz (205 g)|