Canon EF 300mm f/4L IS USM Lens
Blending a versatile telephoto focal length with a modest form factor, the EF 300mm f/4L IS USM is a long-reaching prime and member of Canon's elite L-series of optics. Two ultra-low dispersion elements are used to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve a high degree of clarity, and a Super Spectra coating has also been applied to maintain contrast and color fidelity when working in difficult lighting conditions. Complementing the imaging attributes, this 300mm f/4 also features an Image Stabilizer to minimize the appearance of camera shake by two stops for sharper handheld shooting. The ring-type USM is employed, too, to deliver quick and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus control. Additionally, a removable rotating tripod collar is included for stable use of the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Telephoto prime 300mm f/4 lens is compatible with full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs as well as APS-C models where it will provide a 480mm equivalent focal length.
- Two ultra-low dispersion (UD) elements greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to two shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. In addition to the single-shot standard IS mode, a second mode is also available that it optimized for panning.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with a rear focusing system, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contribute to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Built-in lens hood prevents stray light from causing ghosting or flare and also protects the front element from accidental impacts or scratching.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Removable rotating tripod collar is included and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Compatible with optional EF 1.4X and EF 2X teleconverters.
|Tripod Collar||Yes Removable - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Front: 77 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.54 x 8.70" (90 x 221 mm)|
|Weight||2.62 lb (1190 g)|