Canon EF28mm f/2.8 Lens
A practical and versatile prime, the EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens from Canon pairs the wide-angle focal length with sophisticated autofocus capabilities as well as image stabilization. The optical design utilizes one aspherical element to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion for high sharpness, and a Super Spectra coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy. Benefitting the optics is a four-stop-effective Image Stabilizer, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld images. Also, a ring-type USM realizes quick, quiet, and smooth autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- Wide-angle 28mm f/2.8 lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 44.8mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also permits working with shallow depth of field techniques.
- One aspherical element helps to suppress spherical aberrations and distortion for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
|Filter Thread||Front: 58 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.69 x 2.03" (68.4 x 51.5 mm)|
|Weight||9.17 oz (260 g)|