Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Lens
Offering an impressively wide field of view, the EF 20mm f/2.8 USM from Canon is a well-corrected wide-angle prime also featuring a bright f/2.8 maximum aperture and sophisticated optical design. Four aspherical elements are featured, to limit spherical aberrations and distortion, and two Super UD elements are also used to reduce color fringing for greater clarity. A Super Spectra coating has been applied, too, in order to minimize flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity. Complementing the optical traits is a ring-type USM for quick and quiet autofocus performance, along with full-time manual focus override, and a floating rear focusing group helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range.
- Ultra-wide 20mm f/2.8 prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 32mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also permits working with shallow depth of field techniques.
- Four aspherical elements limit distortion and spherical aberrations in order to realize greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Two Super Ultra-Low Dispersion elements minimize color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color accuracy.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Floating rear focusing system maintains image quality throughout the focusing range.
|Filter Thread||Front: 72 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.05 x 2.78" (77.5 x 70.6 mm)|
|Weight||14.29 oz (405 g)|